donderdag 20 september 2018

Cultural experience

As I noticed in my first post, I have to write this blog to get my ECTS. But we got the instruction that we couldn't only write about what we have done or what we are going to do. We also have to right about the cultural differences we notice.
So there are a few things that I noticed immediatly.
Well number 1 is language. The first time I heard it, I thought they were speaking kind of secret language. I couldn't understand a word of what they said. Also in the supermarket is was really hard to find the right products, cause this languages isn't even a little bit simmular to english or dutch. It was also kind of weird we didn't know how to greet or thank someone. People also didn't really respond if we greeted them in english, so that was a little bit of a problem in the beginning.
Another cultural difference I noticed is that most of the time it is really quiet everywere. I'm used to sit in the bus and hear a lot op people talking, but here it was really quiet. We had the feeling that we couldn't talk normally to eachother, cause nobody did. Also when you are walking in the city centre it is really quiet, most of the time. Back home, when I walked in the city centre, there was always a lot of noise. I have to say it is nice when it is quiet in the city, cause it makes the city seem very peacefully.


Well that's it for now!


Moimoi,
Emma







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Time to say goodbye

26 December 2018 Our suitcases are packed, our rooms are cleand and we are ready to leave. Tomorrow Aniek and I go back to the Netherlands,...