dinsdag 6 november 2018

Stockholm part 1

I don't know if I'm gonna make one post about this amazing city or maybe two, but let just start with this one.

Aniek and I went to Stockholm for a weekend. We heard from a lot of people that it's a beautiful city, so I had high expectation of it. But did the city meet my expectations? Well just read and I think you will find out :)

We left home quite early on friday morning, it was around 8 o'clock. We had to get to the harbour, cause we were going with the boat to Stockholm. The boattrip from Turku to Stockholm takes 12 hours. I was a bit scared I would get seasick (that happend before...) and 12 hours is a really long time. We didn't have a cabin, so we couldn't really sleep and after a few hours I was already bored. I donwloaded some movies and music, I read some books, ate a lot and tried to sleep a little bit. But that gets boring to after 8 hours. So the 4 hours we had left were pretty long. 
Some people would say, why take the boat? Well we are students and this is the cheapest way to get there ;)

Finally we arrived in Stockholm, but it was already dark so there was not much to see. We walked to the hotel, which luckily was close to the harbour, and fell asleep quite soon. The hotel we had was really nice. The bed was amazing, super soft (unlike my own bed here) nice bathroom, the breakfast was really good and there was a tramstation in front so within 15 minutes you were in the centre. 

So on saturday we just planned to do some sightseeing and we wanted to join a free citytour a friend of us recommended. This city amazed me right away, yes I almost say this with every city I've been to, but it is true, every place here amaze me. 
Aniek and I are always kind of unprepared when we do citytrips, also this time. we didn't look up some highlights beforehand or searched for things you need to do. We always just go and we will find out what the city brings us. The only thing we heard was about the citytour and that we had to see the change of the guards at the royal palace.




So I looked up when the change of the guards would be, so it said 12.15. We were standing there waiting and waiting and waiting and still at 12.15 nothing happend. So we were confused and a lot of other people too. Then we spotted someone from who worked there and asked if it was going to happen that day. Well apparantly 3 november is a special day so it would be at 13.15. We didn't want to wait another hour and we had to the citytour at 13.00. Luckily the change of the guard was also on sunday, so we had another chance.

Normally I'm not a person who does citytours, I don't really like walking with a big group of people, I just want to explore the city by myself. But as someone recommended this citytour we gave it a try and I have to say it was pretty fun to do. We did a tour through Stockholm old town. The guide we had was awesome. He interacted a lot with us and showed us the most important places of the city. For me it was nice to know the history of the beautifull buildings and from the city.

It was quite cold that day, so after 1,5 hours walking we were freezing. Cold weahter is a good excuse to go to a café and have a big hot chocolate and a piece of cake to warm up. That was most of what we did on saturday.

I almost forgot, we found an amazing candystore where the sell delicious Swedish candy and all kinds of chocolate. Ofcourse we couldn't resist to buy some of that. We bought some kind of swirled candy that they have in a lot of different flavours.
Oh and we ate a really good pizza for dinner and had some cocktails.

This is a already a pretty long post so I'm gonna write a part two of this amazing city soon for you

Puhua myöhemmin
Emma

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Time to say goodbye

26 December 2018 Our suitcases are packed, our rooms are cleand and we are ready to leave. Tomorrow Aniek and I go back to the Netherlands,...