maandag 12 november 2018

Sauna's everywhere

If you go to Finland you can't not go to the sauna. I have to be honost with you, I haven't been there. But here in Finland sauna's are really important and is a big part of their culture. There are almost 3 million sauna's in Finland, so that means an average of one per household. For Finnish people the sauna is a place to relax with friends and family, and a place for physical and mental relaxation as well. In the past almost all Finnish mothers gave birth in saunas.
Taking a sauna starts with having a wash, followed by a sit in the sauna room. When the heat gets uncomfortable it is customary to dive in a lake, sea or swimming pool or to have a shower. In winter it is really common to roll in the snow or to swim in the lake.

As I told I haven't been in the sauna here yet, but we will definitely go there. Maybe next week cause we have a lot of time. If I went to the sauna I will write about my experience how it is here, so keep you updated.

Puhua myƶhemmin
Emma

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Time to say goodbye

26 December 2018 Our suitcases are packed, our rooms are cleand and we are ready to leave. Tomorrow Aniek and I go back to the Netherlands,...