vrijdag 28 september 2018

The journey to Finland

It's now exactly 5 weeks we are here, and we have done a lot, but I want to tell you about the journey to Finland.
So let's start at the beginning. Last year Aniek and I decided that it would be a great experience to go abroud for school. Get out of our comfortzone, go on an adventure and see something of the world. So Aniek is my classmate and also became a really good friend and now she is my travel buddy! So after a lot of searching Finland seemed the best option for us, and then all the organizing began.  
And Aniek if you're reading this, I'm so glad we're doing this together, this will be an adventure of a lifetime


I was really struggling with packing my suitcases. The only thing that was in my mind all day was HELP! how is all this stuff gonna fit in my suitcase? Do I have everything? Didn't I forget to buy something? I also planned to pack everything 2 weeks before we left. Well ofcourse that didn't go as planned, I actually packed my bags like two days before we left... Eventually I had packed everything and I was kind of reliefed when I closed my suitcase, but still felt a bit worried if I had everything packed.


Te week before departure was kind of a hectic week, you have to buy the last things, arrange everything for the flight, check if you actually arranged everything in Finland. A lot of things to do, and as the day of departure came closer, the more nervous I got. And again there was one word in my mind, HELP! it's almost time to leave.
Besides all the stress I had a great last week. Every year in one of the last weeks of summer holiday we have a feast in our town called ¨Heldersfees¨ (one of the best parties of het year). Every evening a big party, so I think I couldn't have a better last week than this. Being with my friends every night and just having fun.

 





August 24th 2018
It was the day of departure, it was around 6 o'clock in the morning and I heard a lot of voices downstairs. So I went downstairs and I saw my friends sitting there, ready to say me goodbye. It was the sweetest thing ever, they woke up so early just for me. (We partied the night before so it was a short night for them, lots of love for you guys!♡) It was also quite hard, cause then you realise, 'now I'm really going to leave'.  So I said goodbye to my friends and brother, and we left to the airport.


I think it was around 8 a.m that we arrived at the airport. I have to say when I arrived there, I was quite relaxed and not as nervous as the days before. We would leave around 11 a.m so we had enough time to check in our bags and all the other things you have to do at the airport and ofcourse, not least inportant, say goodbye to our parents.
 











So it was time to say goodbye to our parents, go through customs and get to the plane. Well on that  moment I felt the nerves, and I was really happy to have Aniek by my side. I think when we were sitting there, waiting in the gate, Aniek and I both were really nervous, but luckily we had eachother, so we could support eachother through all this. Besides being really nervous, I was super excited to explore Finland and make some good memories.


After a long day of traveling we finally got to our appartment. We have an own room, a little bathroom, quite a big kitchen and a little balcony. A great appartment for the two of us.
So when we were kind of settled in our appartment, we orderd a take-away pizza ( One of the best I ever had!). After that we went to bed, exhausted from the long day traveling.

Puhua myƶhemmin
Emma












Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Time to say goodbye

26 December 2018 Our suitcases are packed, our rooms are cleand and we are ready to leave. Tomorrow Aniek and I go back to the Netherlands,...